We know that starting a martial art can be a little bit stressful. We hope we can put your mind at rest a little by reading some of the frequently asked questions that we get. If you have a specific question, head to the contact page and let us know.
What is Bujinkan?
The martial art that is studied at Kizen Dōjō is Bujinkan Budō Taijutsu, sometimes called Ninpō Taijutsu. Bujinkan is a collective term for the different ryuha(schools) that we study. There are 9 of them. If it helps, it’s pronounced Boo-jin-kan.
There are 9 schools?
Correct! Each school teaches a different strategy. Here are the names of them but don’t worry too much about them. They come in to play later in your training.
- 神伝不動流打拳体術 Shindenfudō-ryū dakentaijutsu – (immovable heart school)
- 九鬼神流八法秘剣術 Kukishin-ryū happōbikenjutsu – (nine demon gods school)
- 高木揚心流柔体術 Takagiyōshin-ryū jūtaijutsu – (heart of the willow tree school)
- 玉虎流骨指術 Gyokko-ryū kosshijutsu – (jewel tiger school)
- 虎倒流骨法術 Kotō-ryū koppōjutsu – (knocking down the tiger school)
- 義鑑流骨法術 Gikan-ryū koppōjutsu – (truth, loyalty and justice school)
- 戸隠流忍法 Togakure-ryū ninpō – (the hidden door school)
- 雲隠流忍法 Kumogakure-ryū ninpō – (hidden cloud school)
- 玉心流忍法 Gyokushin-ryū ninpō – (jewelled heart school)